Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home for the FOOD

Oh dear Lord. I'd been craving Korean food and I hit the jackpot at my parent's in Claremont. Ok, so I always hit the jackpot here. But it's been a while. And my grandmother was in town for her biannual visit. And my aunt came from Memphis. It was almost like a janchi (big family feast). My belly is sticking out and let me tell you, I went swimsuit shopping today at Nordstrom's half yearly sale and I had to suck it in.

Feast your eyes on this:

beautiful deep red radish kimchi

kalbi jjim--juicy rough cuts of ribs with chestnuts, potatoes, and onions

lightly battered and fried makeral -- fresh caught by my cousin Paul

sauteed zuchinni--so simple but so delish

thinly sliced matchstick radish in a vinegary pink pickle

homemade pickles in water and ice

buchim--crispy pancakes made with bits of squid and some kind of wheatgrass looking veggie

iced barley tea

nougat dipped ice cream bars from the korean market

and to end
korean melon wedges (yellow on the outside, white on the inside)

Why did I move out again? :)

1 comment:

melinda said...

oh my word! i'm drooling and so jealous!