Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Constants

I was reminded of what good friend M.F. said a while back when J. and I broke up. Constants are a good thing. I'm not inclined to constants. Instead, I'm always climbing on to the next limb of my imaginative tree, branching out until I've forgotten that there was a trunk and roots that connected me to something solid and real.

I took some time today to journal about the constants I need in my life. A good exercise for the routine-challenged. All it takes are some house guests to completely forget how I lived my life previously. Did I really use to ride my cool orangey-red vintage schwinn around and go journal in bakeries, even after a mid cross-walk crash? Wow.

Here's to constants in the new year. We need reminders, more often than we think.

No comments: