Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Paradise in Pictures

It's been so long since I blogged but I finally have access to a camera cord and am able to post some pictures.

Sunday to Tuesday, I joined YWAM Singapore's team to Pulau Besar, an island off the coast of Malaysia.  It was a tropical dream come true.  There were only two resorts on the island and that was it.  No internet cafes, no shops, no nothing!  I felt almost like Robinson Crusoe.  I had a wonderful time with Carl, Theresa, and their family of friends.  We played lots of card games, swooned over the crystal clear waters and white sand, stared at the stars (we could see the Milky Way!!!), and did lots of snorkeling.

Enjoy the pics.

The night before we left, I made kimchi for the first time with Theresa.  
It was surprisingly fun and easy.


We left for Malaysia early in the morning and were greeted by a local parade.
Then we got on a boat for Pulau Besar.

Here's Carl on the boat.

We arrived and gasped.  Yup, this is for real.

We stayed in these bungalows

and kept looking at the water


i know, it's amazing.  wish you were there.


a few days later, we left for civilization.  this is Mersing, a port town in Malaysia.  I had my first Malaysian KFC meal there.  Spicy chicken.  It was just out of the fryer and smackalicious!  Theresa swears they sprinkled msg all over it.  Probably true.


We came  back to rainy Singapore, and I treated Theresa and Carl to a big Korean bbq dinner.  They loved it.


Hot Kimchi Jun Geol--perfect for a rainy day.

Theresa is quite the gourmand cook.  I think she could be the next Julia Child.  This is the salad she made for me today.

And I helped her to do laundry on poles hanging off the building--Singapore style.

till next time...

1 comment:

liz song mandell said...

i totally wish i were there too! amazing blue water...

and when I was in singapore, i totally had to dry my clothes like that too! so effective, really. lol