Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Musings

My apartment mate really likes me. She is asking me, are you sure you want to leave?

Yesterday I met K., a new med student starting up this fall. She went to Yale, studied psych, decided she wanted to sing, did a m.a. in opera, hung out in boston with friends, and then decided she wanted to use her mind more, and decided to go to med school. how cool is that? i love people with unconventional paths. she was very chill and sweet too.

rosa and i are going to thailand and india this august.

this program looks so exciting! maybe next year.

my body still feels good. more notes: B.S. focused on neck and shouler stretching. We did this one front neck muscle exercise that was pretty intense. My whole head started shaking.

my peonies are so pretty. it was the first thing i saw when i woke up.

yoga, centering prayer, good friends, and writing make me feel like i can do anything.

i realized that being an editor is a good job for me. as well as being a writer for a school. they pay the bills and they give me regular hours so i can enjoy other aspects of life and write fiction and whatever else i want to write. this school is crazy. so perhaps another school. but what i do now is actually a great fit! i'm thankful for having found that.

i'm redefining success. success to me means being authentic and working hard and using your heart and smarts. it means doing everything with love and diligence and playfulness.

on sunday at world music mass, i met this very interesting woman, Faith. She graduated class of '61 from Wheaton and is a millionaire. She started two different publishing companies in her lifetime and made tons of money (through prayer she says) and likes to edit "controversial" books for nonprofit purposes. She's located in Pasadena. She gave me her contact info so I could come by and see what it's like to be a publisher.

No comments: