Monday, June 9, 2008

Gentle Yoga with Bruce Schwartz

Today I raced out of work, drove home, parked (thank God the guy next to me stayed within the line), put my peonies in a vase (i wish i could show you how beautiful they are), slipped into yoga clothes (hurray for my new lululemon yoga pants), slung my purple mat on my back, and started walking down the hill to Yoga House.

Within five minutes, I was being handed my props by co-owner/teacher Bruce Schwartz.  I've done Level I yoga with B.S. once and had the most amazing feeling afterwards.  It was like my inner energy had broken loose and was beaming out like a beacon throughout the day.

Gentle Yoga didn't do quite that but it was exactly what I needed.  When I walked away from the studio, eating my apple, savoring the lingering traces of yogic tea, this is the thought that filled my being:  I love my body.

I felt connected to my body and respected it for what it had done.  All the tension was gone.  My mind had traveled to my breath and down to my center and the frantic ping-ponging of thoughts had stilled to a simple breath and step.  I was thankful to walk, eat my apple, swing my mat, and enjoy the evening breeze back to my apartment.  My body felt goood.

Favorite moment:   When we were doing corpse pose at the end, B.S. walked around adjusting everyone.  He took my shoulders and pressed them down into the ground and held them there.  DAMN.  I near melted into the earth.

15 class series baby.

No comments: