Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thriving...in real life

I love to travel. I hope to travel around the world with a faithful companion one day. But honestly, it doesn't have to be for a whole year. It could just be every year for a month. Or once a few years for six months.

A few days after the fateful breakup, I thought, maybe I should travel around the world come fall. Why not? I feel like I'm dying, I need to get out of this place, and I can't imagine living here (which I had just moved to only a week before) when J. goes away to grad school in the fall.

My friends said rah rah do it! It's your time Hanna! So I decided to do it. For a couple weeks.

And then came the word about constancy. reflections ensued. in the last few weeks, i have discovered that i am thriving in my current location. There are many wonderful things that have improved my health and overall outlook on life. Isn't that what I really need anyways? A consistently good life? Yes, doors have opened up for me to go travel. But it's also interesting to note the doors that have been opening up for me to stay on here in a really lifegiving way.

Tonight, my young adult group, Communitas, discussed at length the direction and vision of the group. I love this group, and it has been a small seed of a community for me. While I was in the bathroom, the group had the nerve to nominate me to be on the leadership committee. I came back from burping out my ice cream (lactose peeps), and they all yelled, hey, we nominated you.

Strange and awkward this group but I love them. I was going to run to France to get my community, because I'm a francophile, and well because Taize is just unbeatable. But perhaps this is what I need more. Thriving...in real life.

I don't know peeps. Traveling would still be great. Lots to think about. Life just keeps getting more interesting.

No comments: