Monday, June 9, 2008

Constants

A good friend, M.F., wrote me a kind email today checking in and encouraging me to come to Communitas, my fellowship, this Wednesday.

He said, "I know things are in flux to say the least, but some constants can ground us when we are in tumult."

A good word. A very good word. I had just been thinking in the last few days about how I tend to uproot everything and believe I need a huge change when there is crisis or trauma in my life. Change can definitely help. Traveling is always awesome. But constants keep us grounded. It keeps us going. There is something of God in constants.

Here are the good constants in my life:
I love my apartment and my roommate Lara. Living in Pasadena has been really good for me.
My church life: Communitas, centering prayer, World Music Mass. What a special place that keeps me grounded.
A job: not necessarily this job. But working helps you keep going and gives you a rhythm in life.

I'll be thinking and praying about these next few months ahead.

No comments: