Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yoga Pants & Red Beans and Rice

I'm awful at buying things when they feel expensive. Instead of buying it right away, I'll spend hours researching cheaper alternatives and even checking back a couple times to see if the item went on sale. What usually happens is that I would have saved money and time if I had just bought the thing in the first place.

Yesterday, I had to talk myself into buying a pair of cropped yoga pants at Lululemon. I'd been eying a pair for two months and had promised myself that once I moved, I would treat myself. I had to remind myself of these things so that I wouldn't back out with the same excuse, "they're too expensive."

I got a brown pair of clam diggers, and I love them. I'm excited to wear them to yoga classes all summer long.

Last night, I partook in joy by cooking a big pot of red beans, Louisiana style. I live in an old apartment with roommates who are too busy with med school to pay attention to details like expiration dates and dust. There is a cabinet full of spices but when I opened the lids and smelled to check for any vestige of freshness, it smelled like suffocating dust. I'm going to have to pick up some new ones on my way home today to add to the pot.

No comments: