Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack is President!

Barack Obama became the 44th president of the United States last night. I watched in a room full of Obama supporters and one Republican who thinks he's the antichrist. I teared and I was so moved. I woke up today to a new day. Things feel so different now. Reading the comments on nytimes.com from all over the world moved me too. So many people around the world have more hope than they had before, more of a sense of a future that is good. I'm so glad to be part of this history.

2 comments:

melinda said...

I feel the same way Hanna. I was writing in my journal after hearing the results on Tuesday, and I really felt like I was living through a pivotal momment in history. Such an amazing thing to be a part of!

liz song mandell said...

me too.