Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It Runs in the Family

In my brother's room, there are books stacked in three columns around one corner of his desk. The rest of the desk is littered with headphones, cd covers, an alarm clock, a lamp, a bottle of lotion and aspirin, a bell souvenir from Jerusalem, an Israel Army wallet, a standing calendar, business cards, a bag of Goldfish, postits, a box of kleenex, a lint remover. The Israel stuff are gifts from my dad's recent trip. But the thing that makes me laugh the most is the half open plastic Dr. Scholl's Dual Action Freeze Away box For Large Warts. My brother is avidly fighting away his warts with freeze away action, while I slave away at my plantar warts with podiatrist visits and a bottle of salicylic acid, and my dad just clips his away with his nail clipper. Warts...they run in the family.

No comments: