Sunday, August 17, 2008

Goodbye Tokyo--Hello Singapore

an old post from monday 8/18:

I am in Singapore today after arriving late last night from Tokyo. Joey's wedding was a bizarre and hilarious success complete with friends in kilts, tupac shakur rap songs, and yours truly playing to hundreds at their reception. They made everyone quiet down, gather around me, and put the spotlight on me. I just had to laugh at how funny and absurd it was. Joey got fanagled and tricked into doing a first dance with Ai during my song and he looked at me and pretended to slit his throat like "YOU are so dead!" He had a blast though and everyone howled and screamed for them.


Afterwards, we made our way to Ikebukuro, Tokyo to the Ale House, an underground pub that was rented out for all of Joey and Ai's close friends for an afterparty. We had unlimited drinks and food and partied until the last trains. I was so excited to see my friend Jeremiah Trusty from Wheaton at the pub. He is playing basketball with Athletes in Action and serving with Campus Crusade for Christ in Japan. Jeremiah used to direct a rockin gospel worship team at Wheaton and I was a part of that group. It was good to reminisce and share dreams again. Jeremiah used to talk in college about how he dreamt of doing a worldwide tour with a gospel group and how I would be the first person to call if he did end up doing it. The dream is still alive and once he heads home to Philly this September, he's going to try and realize it. Maybe next year, I'll be on an international gospel team with good ole JT.



No comments: