Monday, August 11, 2008

Doomo Japan!

Hello all, I made it to Tokyo with only one throwup incident in the airplane and most exciting of all, I was on the same flight as COMMON!!! I didn't even recognize him and his entourage until Jacob pointed him out at the baggage claim. He was just a few feet away from me. Wow, what an exciting start to an Asia adventure of a lifetime!

A bus ride to Nishihoya (West Tokyo City, Tokyo Prefecture) reunited me with my dear friend Joey Millard, his two brothers Davey and Noah, and his sister Ana, Yumiko (Davey's wife), Hannah-a cousin, and Ai, the soon to be wife of Joey.

We went to the public bathhouse and bathed up. I got to know the ladies fast as we bonded over boiling water. Then we hit up a snack shop and ate a midnight snack of aloe juice and curry on rice.

Today we are off to Tokyo to see the sights. It's been a great start. It's always a party with the Millards and I feel blessed to be here. They asked me, is Japan like Korea? Japan actually feels like a combination of England, France, and Korea. I like it.

Ciao till next time. Arigato.

2 comments:

contemporary themes said...

Yay! Glad you got there okay and that all has begun well! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers (but not my centering prayer, because, you know, I have to let thoughts go when I'm practicing that!)

shee shee said...

Wow you were on the same flight as COMMON?! That's nuts... Japan sounds like so much fun. Stay safe and have lots of adventures (and be sure to write them down so we can enjoy them vicariously)!