Monday, June 30, 2008

June 28, 2008

A momentous day, full of joy in the heart, unexpected peace, and exactly what I needed.

I started off with yoga in the morning and did some housecleaning.

Then I drove down to Lomita, CA to hang out with my friend Jeannette. She lives down there with her hubby Rocky who is a former bartender, pro beach volleyball player and youth pastor of pubescent jr. highers at a mega church.

J. and I ate junk food, walked around Hermosa Beach, slurped frozen yogurt by the ounce, shopped, went to Redondo Beach, ordered big juicy burgers, ran to the car screaming, turned on the heater, drank stellar margaritas made by Rocky, played with her weird loopy cats (we swear one of them was a crack kitty), watched an intense CIA movie, and laughed a lot.

I spent the night there and slept in, eating chips and dip, watching some more Korean dramas, and then going to the beach to walk around, listen to God, and enjoy the sand.

What a lovely lovely day. It was exactly what I needed.

1 comment:

melinda said...

i'm glad you had such a good day. i thought about you off and on and prayed for you. love ya hanna