Thursday, June 26, 2008

Food Review: McDonald's #6

This morning, driving along the golden hazy freeway, I got me a hankering. for McDonald's breakfasts.

Maybe it was the combination of feeling my fit yoga body or the fact that I hadn't eaten dinner last night. Or that I missed my mom's breakfast sandwiches and it reminded me of my dad who loves McD's breakfasts. In any case, I had a few minutes to spare and drove by and ordered the #6 Bacon, Egg, McGriddle Sandwich Meal with OJ. I think this is the second time in two weeks! I never do this.

Well, it was gross. Highly not recommended. Avoid avoid avoid. I wanted to try the McGriddle because I'd heard from a coworker that his family absolutely cannot get enough of them. Frankly, it was a really violating conglomeration of bacon, eggs, and cheese sandwiched between two moist pieces of bread soaked in a corn syrup equivalent of Aunt Jemima's. I was eating this going, WHAAA?? Why would anyone rave about this? And then I remembered my coworker's family is from boondog Indiana. I think midwestern white palate has something to do with it. I had to slather the thing in ketchup to be able to stand it. Let me know if you know any brown people that like it. I'd be interested in understanding why.

1 comment:

B. said...

The McGriddle is delicious. How dare you badmouth the Golden Arches?