Monday, June 30, 2008

Food Review: Fat Fish


The last time I ate this much fish, I didn't want to even look at sushi (my favorite food) again.
I think there's something really good about being poor and eating sushi because then you savor each bite, share two rolls and a miso soup with your date, and feel light and satiated inside.

Tonight, my cousin treated me to sushi at a place that looks like Pink Berry sushi land. In fact, Fat Fish is in the same building as the Ktown Pink Berry. Dear God, we ate sushi off a revolving bar until our bellies were hanging out, and I could not bear another bite. Along with ginseng soju (surprisingly perfect and refreshing with sushi).

She comes there every week and her friend who joined us goes there 2-3 times a week. Apparently after 9pm everyday, every single color coded plate is $2.

we ate:
yellowtail
halibut
raw shrimp sushi (very interesting. it was creamy and nutty in flavor)
a roll with cooked salmon on top
dynamite?
salmon, mango, and cream cheese roll (this was pretty good)
tuna
salmon
toro
eel
spicy tuna rolls
lobster rolls

and of course, edamame and miso soup. these girls are crazy. they kept taking three at a time off the bar saying, ok, let's all share! i could never go drinking with them. they would get me drunk with all their peer pressure consumption.

the fish was fresh, the rolls were nice, the atmosphere was casual, modern, funky. i'd definitely bring my friends here.

No comments: