Sunday, June 8, 2008

Blog reflections #1

Some random reflections before going to bed.

I avoided blogging like the plague. I had an internet job that made me sick of the internet. I decided I would avoid it at all costs if I couldn't at work.

Obviously, some things changed cause this girl loves to blog. Here's why:

-- Writing is therapeutic. Any kind of writing. It makes the brain healthier and allows you to deposit thoughts and move on. It helps you remember aha moments. Blogging gives you an audience; imagined or real, writing for an audience helps you have fun and write better.

-- It helps your social life. Why? Because you aren't inundating your friends during work with emails about articles, restaurants, and products you are interested in. I used to absolutely inundate J. with compulsive emails every time I found something of slight interest. The poor guy was drowning in my emails. I flooded his inbox. Thirty a day, he claimed one time. Now I can just stick it in my blog instead of demanding my friends to partake in it. I can leave them alone and be me :)

Update:
-- The benefits of writing in your own blog far outweighs reading other people's blogs. Reading other people's blog usually = neurosis. Writing your own = free therapy.

No comments: